Radaris is one of the largest and most concerning people search sites and data brokers out there. With over 183 million names, 110 million properties, and 224 million phone numbers in its database, chances are high that Radaris has some of your personal information.
This guide will walk you through the entire process of opting out and removing your data from Radaris, step-by-step.
- Radaris gets your personal data from public records and other data brokers and sells access to detailed background reports.
- You can opt out of Radaris for free by searching for your profile, copying the URL, and submitting a removal request on their website.
- The process takes 10-15 minutes and you’ll need to provide your name, a valid email, and phone number for verification.
- Use fake details like a masked email and burner phone number to protect your privacy during opt-out.
- Your data should be removed or hidden within 48 hours of Radaris receiving your request.
- Radaris can re-add your data at any time, so monitor your profile and repeat the opt-out process if needed.
What is Radaris and Why Opt Out?
Radaris is a people search website and data broker founded in 2007. It compiles millions of public records and personal data points into detailed background check reports on individuals. You can read more in this Radaris review.
Anyone can search for a person on Radaris and instantly access information like:
- Full legal name
- Phone numbers
- Current and past addresses
- Relatives and family members
- Property ownership records
- Business affiliations
- Criminal records and mugshots
- Bankruptcies, liens, and judgments
- Marriage and divorce details
- Sexual offenses
- Social media profiles
- Photographs and videos
This data can come from sources like court records, government databases, police reports, and commercial data brokers. Radaris also admittedly scrapes social networks like Facebook for personal information.
Having all this sensitive data available to anyone with a Radaris account puts your privacy and security at risk. Identity thieves, stalkers, and scammers can easily find information like your phone number, home address history, age, and relatives’ names.
Fortunately, Radaris allows you to submit an opt-out request to remove your personal information. This guide will take you through the process step-by-step.
Step 1: Search for Your Radaris Profile
First, you need to locate your listing on Radaris so you can properly identify yourself when submitting the opt-out request.
Go to Radaris.com and use the search bar to look up your name. Make sure to search your first and last name together.
You can further filter by location if needed. For example, search “John Doe New York” to only see profiles from that area.
Spend some time going through the search results to find the listing that matches your identity. Pay attention to details like:
- Cities lived in
- Associated people (relatives, roommates, etc.)
- Companies worked for
Once you find your profile, click on “Full Profile” or “View Full Profile” to open it.
Step 2: Copy Your Profile URL
Now copy the URL of your Radaris profile from the address bar of your browser. This is a key step – you’ll need this link later when submitting the opt-out request.
For example, your profile URL may look like:
Copy the full URL and save it somewhere convenient like in a text document.
Step 3: Go to the Radaris Opt-Out Page
With your profile URL copied, you can now head to the opt-out page.
Go to https://radaris.com/control/privacy – this is where you’ll submit the data removal request.
Step 4: Submit the Radaris Opt-Out Request
On the opt-out page, you’ll need to provide:
- Your profile URL (copied in Step 2)
- Your full name
- A valid email address
Enter your profile URL first and paste it into the appropriate box.
Next, type your first and last name exactly as it appears on your Radaris profile. Match this carefully.
Finally, add an email address. This is used to send you an opt-out confirmation link.
Privacy Tip: For your email, don’t use your personal inbox. Radaris and data brokers like this will keep and potentially misuse any information you provide. Instead, use a masked email to protect your privacy.
Once all the fields are filled in, complete the CAPTCHA challenge and click “Send Request“. This will submit your removal request to Radaris.
You’ll see a confirmation message that an email has been sent to your address.
Step 5: Confirm Via Email
Check the inbox of the email you provided in the opt-out form.
You should receive an email from Radaris customer support with an opt-out confirmation link. Open the message and click the link.
This will direct you to a Radaris page confirming your request has been processed and your data will be removed within 48 hours.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully submitted an opt-out request to Radaris.
What to Expect After Opting Out
After completing the steps above and confirming your request, here’s what you can expect:
- Immediate Profile Hide: Your Radaris profile will be hidden from search results right away.
- Data Removal in 48 Hours: Radaris states they will fully remove or anonymize your data within 48 hours of receiving an opt-out request.
- Reappearing Data: There’s a chance your information gets re-added to Radaris in the future. They pull data from many sources so your details could enter their system again.
- Repeat Opt-Outs: To prevent your data from being public long-term, you may need to repeat the opt-out process occasionally. Check back on your profile every few months.
- No Notification: Radaris does not directly notify you when your data is removed. You need to verify it yourself.
- No Opt-Out Guarantee: No law requires Radaris to honor opt-out requests. But complying helps them avoid lawsuits in states with privacy laws.
- No Alternate Methods: The above opt-out process is the only way Radaris accepts removal requests.
So in summary – submitting an opt-out stops Radaris from sharing your data temporarily, but you need to monitor your profile and repeat the process if needed to keep your privacy intact.
Protecting Your Privacy When Opting Out
Radaris makes removing your data difficult by requiring you to create an account and provide personal information like your phone number. Here are some tips to protect your privacy:
- Use a masked email address – Don’t provide your real inbox or identifying details. Use a masked email from a service like Blur.
- Provide a burner phone number – Radaris requires a cell number to “verify your identity.” Use a non-registered prepaid SIM or app like Burner.
- Avoid logging in with outside platforms – Never use options to “Log in with Facebook” or Google. Make a manual account.
- Submit from a public network – Use a VPN and opt out from a public WiFi network to protect your IP address.
Radaris Opt-Out FAQs
What is Radaris?
Radaris is a people search website and data broker that compiles public records and personal data into detailed background check reports on individuals. Anyone can access sensitive information like your phone numbers, addresses, age, and criminal records. See this Radaris review for more details.
Why should I remove myself from Radaris?
Having your personal data available on Radaris invades your privacy and exposes you to risks like identity theft, stalking, and harassment. Opting out removes access to your details and protects your security.
How does Radaris get my information?
Radaris gathers data from public records, court documents, government databases, police reports, and commercial data brokers. They also scrape social media sites for personal details.
Is Radaris allowed to post my information?
Yes, Radaris has the legal right to collect and share public record data under current laws. However, states like California allow you to request removal of your information.
How much does it cost to opt out of Radaris?
Radaris provides the ability to opt out and remove your data for free. You should never have to pay any fee to submit a removal request.
How long does Radaris take to remove my data after opting out?
Radaris claims they will delete or anonymize your personal information within 48 hours of receiving a valid opt-out request.
Can my information reappear on Radaris in the future?
Yes, Radaris may add your data again from new sources even after you opt out. Check back on your profile occasionally and repeat the removal process if needed.
What is the disadvantage of providing my real email and phone number?
Radaris can keep and potentially misuse any personal information you provide during opt-out. Use a masked email and burner number instead to protect your privacy.
The Complete Opt-Out Process Explained Step-by-Step
Below is a condensed, step-by-step summary of the full Radaris opt-out process:
- Go to Radaris.com
- Search for your first and last name
- Open your profile and copy the URL
- Go to the Radaris opt-out page
- Paste in your profile URL
- Enter your full name exactly as it appears on your profile
- Provide a masked email address
- Complete the CAPTCHA challenge
- Click “Send Request” to submit the opt-out form
- Check the email and confirm your request
- Your data will be removed within 48 hours
And that’s all it takes to remove your personal information from Radaris! Just 10-15 minutes to complete the process and protect your privacy.
Alternative Ways to Opt Out of Data Brokers
Trying to manually opt out of hundreds of sketchy data broker sites like Radaris is overwhelming. Fortunately, there are services that automate the process for you:
- DeleteMe – Submits opt-out requests to data brokers on your behalf for a monthly fee.
- OneRep – Automates the removal process and continually monitors for reappearing data.
- Incogni – Manages opt-outs and sends recurring removal requests to keep your data private.
These set up recurring opt-outs from multiple sites simultaneously, saving you time and effort. Consider using one if you’re serious about online privacy.
The Bottom Line
Radaris makes it far too easy for anyone to access your personal details like phone numbers, addresses, and background. Their massive database jeopardizes your security and privacy.
Fortunately, you can opt out of Radaris fairly easily following the steps outlined in this guide. Just search, submit the removal form, and confirm your email. Monitor your profile over time and repeat the process as needed.
To protect your privacy during opt-out, use fake contact details and avoid providing any identifying information. Take back control of your personal data and remove yourself from Radaris today.