Data privacy has become a major concern for consumers as data breaches and loss of personal information are on the rise. Choosing a reliable data privacy service can help safeguard your personal data and give you greater control over what information is available about you online.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll compare two leading data privacy services—Incogni and OneRep—to help you determine which is the better fit for your needs. We’ll examine key factors like features, effectiveness, ease of use, and pricing.
By the end of this guide, you’ll have the knowledge to confidently choose the right data privacy solution to protect your digital footprint.
Overview of Incogni and OneRep
Before diving into an in-depth feature comparison, let’s briefly introduce both services.
What is Incogni?
Incogni is a data privacy management platform created by VPN provider Surfshark. It focuses specifically on helping users remove their personal information from data broker websites. For more details, see this Incogni review.
- Automated data removal requests to over 180+ data brokers
- Regular updates to its list of data brokers
- User-friendly dashboard to monitor removal progress
- Compliant with CCPA and GDPR regulations
- 30-day money back guarantee
What is OneRep?
- Removal from 195+ data broker platforms
- In-depth exposure reports
- Family protection plans
- Credit monitoring alerts
- Phone, live chat, and email support
Now let’s do a detailed comparison across key factors to decide if Incogni or OneRep better meets your data privacy needs.
Data Broker Coverage
The first thing to examine is how many data broker platforms each service can remove your information from.
Incogni’s Data Broker Coverage
Incogni has a database of over 180 data brokers that it can automatically submit removal requests to on your behalf. These include:
- Data brokers that deal in marketing data
- People search sites like Spokeo and Whitepages
- Recruitment and HR data brokers
- Risk mitigation data brokers
- Financial data brokers
Incogni actively expands its list of data brokers and regularly adds new ones once identified. Their development team works to be as comprehensive as possible in coverage.
Some of the most recent data brokers added include:
This wide range ensures Incogni can help remove your personal data from a variety of sources, not just people search sites.
OneRep’s Data Broker Coverage
OneRep states that it can remove your personal information from over 195 data brokers.
Some of the major data broker platforms OneRep covers include:
OneRep places particular emphasis on people search sites and background check sites. Their service is tailored more directly to getting personal information deleted from those public listing pages that expose your details.
The verdict: OneRep edges out Incogni in terms of the total number of data brokers covered. However, Incogni still covers all the major bases and continues expanding its reach.
Automated Data Removal Capabilities
A key selling point of these services is how much of the data removal process they can automate, saving you time and effort.
How Incogni Automates Data Removal
Incogni has robust automation capabilities to streamline data deletion.
Once you sign up and provide your personal information, Incogni’s algorithm automatically identifies data brokers that have your data and submits opt-out requests on your behalf.
You don’t have to manually find and contact each data broker site individually.
Incogni also keeps monitoring the process. If a data broker doesn’t promptly comply with removal, Incogni follows up through additional requests.
You’ll receive timely updates on the status of all your data deletion requests so you can see their progress.
How OneRep Automates Data Removal
OneRep uses a combination of automation and manual processes in their data removal workflow.
When you first sign up, OneRep runs automated scans to identify where your personal data is being publicly listed online. This allows them to see which data broker sites they need to take action on.
However, the actual process of contacting the individual data brokers is handled manually by their team. OneRep specialists send personalized opt-out requests tailored to each data broker’s specific requirements.
They believe this hybrid approach results in more accurate and complete data removal. But it does involve more hands-on human oversight than Incogni’s fully automated system.
The verdict: Incogni’s 100% automation allows for faster and more efficient data removal at scale. OneRep’s blend of automation and manual deletion provides a more tailored approach.
Effectiveness in Removing Personal Information
The bottom line—how effective are these services at actually getting your data deleted?
Incogni leverages legal regulations like GDPR and CCPA to compel data brokers to honor opt-out requests. Many data brokers are required by law to remove consumer data upon request.
User reviews indicate Incogni is largely successful in getting personal information removed from both major data brokers and more obscure sites.
However, Incogni cannot guarantee full deletion of all your data across the internet. For example, some data brokers may only have partial records to remove.
Overall, Incogni is effective in removing the vast majority of personal data from data broker sites. But remnants may still linger in some cases.
OneRep’s hands-on, customized approach to contacting data brokers leads to high effectiveness. Their specialists persistently follow up to confirm data removal.
The company stands behind their results, even offering a $1 million data removal guarantee. If any of your personal data goes unremoved by OneRep, they will pay you up to $1 million.
Reviews confirm that OneRep excels at getting personal information thoroughly removed from both major data brokers and niche sites. Their persistence pays off.
The verdict: OneRep edges out Incogni when it comes to comprehensively erasing 100% of your data from data brokers. But Incogni still has high overall effectiveness.
Ease of Use
You want your chosen data privacy service to be simple and intuitive to use. Here is how Incogni and OneRep compare when it comes to ease of use.
Incogni’s User Experience
Incogni prioritizes user experience, offering a very simple sign-up process:
- Enter your email and create a password
- Provide your personal details for removal requests
- Your work is done – Incogni handles the rest!
The dashboard is similarly user-friendly. It presents real-time status updates on your pending data removal requests in an easy-to-read format.
Incogni’s automation also makes for an easy set-it-and-forget-it experience after initial setup.
OneRep’s User Experience
The OneRep sign-up process involves more steps:
- Create an account with your email
- Fill out a detailed personal information form
- Confirm your identity
- Activate your account
However, their dashboard provides transparency into the data removal process. It outlines every site your data was found on and tracks progress removing it.
Since OneRep involves manual follow-ups, you may need to occasionally corresponding with their team during removal. This takes more involvement compared to Incogni.
The verdict: Incogni offers a smoother, quicker account creation. But OneRep provides more visibility into details of your data removal progress.
Pricing and Plans
Affordability is often a key consideration when choosing a data privacy service. Here’s how Incogni and OneRep’s pricing compare:
Incogni offers simple and affordable pricing:
- Monthly plan – $12.99/month
- Annual plan – $6.49/month (billed $77.88 annually)
There are no tiers or caps on the number of removal requests. All plans include unlimited opt-outs from Incogni’s full data broker list.
OneRep has more flexible pricing tiers:
- Individual plan – $14.95/month or $8.33/month if billed annually
- Family plan (up to 6 people) – $27.95/month or $15/month annually
- Custom plans for 7+ people
Family plans allow you to protect multiple people under the same subscription. But the base individual plan costs more than Incogni for just yourself.
Custom plans for large families or businesses are available on request.
The verdict: Incogni offers better value if you just need an individual plan. But OneRep gives more flexibility for family coverage.
Having access to timely customer support can enhance your experience using any service. Let’s see how Incogni and OneRep’s support compares:
Incogni Customer Support
Incogni offers customer support via:
- Support form
From most user reviews, Incogni provides reasonably fast email responses within 24-48 hours.
Their customer support focuses mainly on assisting with setup and account issues. For specifics on data removal status, the dashboard provides those details.
OneRep Customer Support
OneRep provides support across more channels:
- Live chat
Their phone and live chat options typically offer the fastest response times for any urgent inquiries. The company is known for helpful, hands-on support.
Since OneRep takes a more manual approach to data removal requests, their customer support can also provide status updates if needed.
The verdict: OneRep’s phone and live chat options give their support a leg up in responsiveness compared to Incogni’s email-based system.
For services dealing with your sensitive personal data, security practices are paramount.
Incogni leverages 256-bit AES encryption and SSL/TLS protocols to protect user data in transit and at rest.
The company operates under strict GDPR guidelines for data processing and protection.
Your personal information is securely stored and only used for managing data removal requests to brokers. It is not shared or sold.
OneRep also uses 256-bit AES encryption to secure user data.
They operate as a verified SOC 2 Type 2 and PCI-DSS compliant business, following strict security standards.
Minimal user information is collected, and only for required identity verification. It is not shared or sold.
The verdict: Both Incogni and OneRep implement robust security protections for handling user data. They take privacy seriously.
Beyond just data removal, some related bonus features are worth considering.
Incogni Additional Features
Since Incogni comes from VPN provider Surfshark, it offers seamless integration with Surfshark’s services:
- Add on Surfshark’s award-winning VPN service for secure web browsing.
- Use Surfshark’s alert system to notify you about potential threats like credential leaks.
- Surfshark’s Incogni toolkit also includes the Antivirus software and Search engine toolkit.
So Incogni allows you to bundle powerful digital privacy protection tools beyond just data removal.
OneRep Additional Features
OneRep includes a few key bonus features:
- Dark web monitoring alerts you if your information appears for sale on hidden corners of the web.
- Credit score tracking keeps you updated on any changes to your credit.
- Public record monitoring notifies you about any new public records tied to your identity, like property ownership records, marriage/divorce records, court records, and more.
These extras help you take a proactive stance instead of just reactive data removal.
The verdict: Incogni’s integration with Surfshark’s suite of privacy tools is a differentiator. But OneRep provides strong monitoring and alerts around your personal data footprint.
The guarantees and legal rights offered by each service provide an extra layer of consumer protection and peace of mind.
Incogni guarantees your right to data removal under the CCPA, GDPR, and other privacy laws. If a broker denies removal requests improperly, they assist with legal action.
The company also offers a standard 30-day money back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied with the service.
OneRep provides a $1 million data removal guarantee. If your personal data remains on any data broker site after using OneRep, they will pay you up to $1 million in compensation.
They also guarantee anytime cancellations and full refunds within your first 30 days.
The verdict: Both services offer key guarantees around compliance and refunds. OneRep goes a step further with their $1 million data removal promise.
Incogni vs OneRep: Key Takeaways
Here are the key differences between Incogni and OneRep:
- Number of data brokers covered: OneRep offers removal from 195+ platforms vs Incogni’s 180+.
- Automation capabilities: Incogni uses fully automated data removal while OneRep uses a mix of automation and manual processes.
- Effectiveness: OneRep edges out Incogni when it comes to completely eliminating 100% of data. But Incogni still offers high effectiveness overall.
- Ease of use: Incogni has a simpler account setup process but OneRep gives more visibility into removal status.
- Pricing: Incogni plans are more affordable for individuals while OneRep offers family packages.
- Support: OneRep provides more options like phone and live chat for faster assistance.
- Security: Both services follow rigorous standards and protocols for data protection and privacy.
- Additional features: Incogni integrates with Surfshark’s privacy tools while OneRep focuses on monitoring/alerts.
- Guarantees: OneRep offers a $1 million data removal guarantee that Incogni does not match.
For most individuals, Incogni provides an unbeatable combination of automated data removal, ease of use, and affordable pricing. But OneRep can be worth the higher cost if you want extras like family plans, proactive monitoring, and comprehensive removal guarantees.
Now let’s move onto some frequently asked questions about these two services.
FAQs: Incogni vs OneRep Data Removal Services
Does Incogni completely remove my data?
Incogni is highly effective at removing the vast majority of your personal information from hundreds of data broker sites. However, it cannot guarantee 100% removal of every last trace of your data across the internet.
Does OneRep work worldwide?
OneRep only offers services in the United States at this time. Incogni is available in the US, UK, EU, Canada, and Switzerland.
Can Incogni help remove criminal records?
Incogni focuses on marketing data, people search sites, and similar consumer data brokers. For assistance with records like criminal history, you would need a dedicated [criminal record removal service](https:// RestoreYourRecord.org).
Does OneRep assist with taking down online posts?
No, OneRep specializes solely in data removal from data broker platforms. For help removing content from sites like Google, Facebook, or YouTube, you would need a reputation management service instead.
Is it better to choose Incogni or OneRep?
There is no definitively “better” choice between Incogni or OneRep. The right service depends on your specific needs and priorities. Individuals focused on affordability and simplicity may prefer Incogni, while OneRep offers more robust features and family plans.
Can Incogni remove my data internationally?
Yes, Incogni works with data brokers internationally to remove your information in compliance with regulations like GDPR across the UK and EU. This makes them ideal for global data privacy.
Do I have to follow up with OneRep for removal updates?
OneRep’s support team proactively keeps you updated on the status of pending data removal requests. But you can also get in touch anytime for personalized updates or details.
How long does it take Incogni to remove my data?
Removal times vary, but Incogni works quickly. Most data deletion requests begin processing within 5 business days, with full completion within 2-6 weeks depending on the number of brokers contacted.
Does OneRep remove all my personal info?
OneRep makes every effort to comprehensively remove all traces of your personal data from brokers. Their $1 million guarantee provides assurance that your identity will be completely wiped.
Can Incogni help remove mugshots?
Incogni focuses primarily on consumer marketing data and public records. For more specialized assistance with mugshot removal, look into a dedicated mugshot removal service.
Choosing the Right Data Privacy Service: Key Considerations
If you’re still unsure whether Incogni or OneRep better fits your needs, here are some final tips for deciding:
Consider what types of data removal you need
- Do you just need help removing marketing, financial, and people search data like Incogni offers? Or are you looking to delete public records, mugshots, and similar sensitive information? Make sure the service matches the types of data you want gone.
Compare automation capabilities
- Fully automated systems like Incogni make data removal hands-off and seamless. But services with manual removal like OneRep provide a custom touch. Evaluate what level of automation suits your preferences.
Check availability in your region
- Service availability varies internationally. Incogni operates globally while OneRep only serves the United States currently. So your location may dictate the best option.
Look at credibility and company reputation
- For vital data privacy protection, the credibility and track record of the company behind the service matters. Do your research to determine if a service is ethical, secure, and fully transparent about their practices.
Understand the data removal process
- Carefully read through the methodology each service uses to remove data. Do they leverage legal regulations like CCPA/GDPR for strong opt-out rights? Can their systems comprehensively wipe your information or just suppress some visibility?
Consider any extra features
- Some services offer bonus features beyond data removal like VPN services, monitoring, alerts, and more. Figure out if you want any of these additional privacy tools.
Weigh costs against value provided
- Compare pricing to the actual benefits offered. A higher price tag could be justified for family coverage, 100% guaranteed removal, robust support, and other advantages.
The Bottom Line: Prioritize Your Data Privacy
At the end of the day, the most important takeaway is to simply take action to regain control over your personal data. Services like Incogni and OneRep make the process achievable.
So whether you chose Incogni for its simplicity and affordability, or OneRep for its meticulous approach and guarantees, being proactive about your privacy protection is a wise investment.
When deciding on the best fit for your data protection needs, consider essential factors such as coverage, automation, pricing, and user experience. This thoughtful evaluation ensures you select the most suitable option that aligns with your privacy goals. See this DeleteMe vs Incogni comparison for more guidance.
Your data – including your name, contact details, public records, purchasing behavior, and more – has likely ended up in the hands of hundreds of data brokers. But leveraging reputable removal services evens the playing field.
Don’t leave your digital footprint up to chance. Do your research and partner with a data removal specialist suited to your specific needs. Your future self will thank you for taking back control of your information.
Prioritizing data privacy should be an on-going effort as new risks arise. But taking the step to delete currently exposed information creates a critical foundation for protecting your identity and security moving forward.