Parental control apps have become increasingly popular in recent years. With rising concerns over children’s online safety and activities, many parents turn to monitoring apps for extra protection and insight. Two of the most well-known options are eyezy and umobix. But how do you decide which one is right for your needs?
This comprehensive guide examines eyezy and umobix in depth. We’ll compare their features, capabilities, and compatibility. You’ll also find key factors to consider when choosing between the two apps. By the end, you’ll have the information you need to confidently pick the better parental control app for your family.
An Overview of eyezy and umobix
First, let’s look at what each app offers at a high level:
eyezy is a monitoring app packed with features for tracking your child’s location, apps, web activity, and more.
Some of the key capabilities include:
- Real-time GPS location tracking
- Geo-fencing alerts when your child enters or leaves set locations
- Monitoring of texts, calls, and chat apps
- Social media and web monitoring
- Screenshots and screen recording
- App and website blocking
- Remote management options like locking or wiping a device
eyezy emphasizes powerful tracking abilities in an easy-to-use interface. It’s designed to give parents expansive oversight of their children’s digital lives.
umobix provides similar monitoring abilities to eyezy, with a focus on location tracking, messaging, and app usage.
Key features of umobix include:
- Real-time GPS location tracking
- Geo-fencing alerts
- Text message monitoring
- Social media and messaging app monitoring
- Web monitoring and filtering
- App usage reports
- Option for call recording
umobix aims to deliver robust parental controls with maximum device compatibility. It covers the basics like tracking and alerts very well.
Now that you have a sense of each app’s capabilities, let’s delve into a detailed feature-by-feature comparison.
Eyezy vs uMobix: Detailed Feature Comparison
When deciding between eyezy and umobix, the features are where these apps differentiate themselves most. Let’s break down how they stack up capability by capability.
The ability to see your child’s location in real-time is essential for most parents. Both eyezy and umobix provide accurate and current GPS tracking.
However, eyezy pulls ahead with more advanced location features:
- Detailed location history going back months, not just days
- Faster GPS refresh rates for near real-time tracking
- Customizable geofences with alerts for when your child arrives or leaves
umobix still offers solid GPS tracking. But eyezy gives you more historical data and customizable alert options.
Social Media and Chat Monitoring
What your child does on social media and chat apps is a major concern. eyezy and umobix address this by letting you monitor messages on the most popular platforms.
eyezy allows you to see messages from a huge range of apps, including:
umobix also covers the major chat apps, but is more limited. It monitors:
- Facebook Messenger
So while umobix handles the most popular options, eyezy includes access to far more chat and social apps.
Web Monitoring and Blocking
Web monitoring allows you to see which sites your child visits and block inappropriate or dangerous content.
Both apps provide web monitoring and allow you to block categories of sites or set time limits. eyezy captures more comprehensive web activity reports and history. umobix focuses more on real-time monitoring.
When it comes to actually blocking sites and content, eyezy offers more advanced customization. You can block by category or add specific URLs to block or allow lists.
So for the most website visibility and flexible blocking, eyezy is the winner here. But umobix still provides solid monitoring and filtering options.
App Usage Monitoring
Understanding which apps your kids use, and limiting time on addictive apps, is important today. Both platforms provide app usage monitoring and time limits.
eyezy captures extremely detailed app usage data, including:
- Time spent in each app
- App installs/uninstalls
- App launches
- Usage by day or week
- Most used apps
It also lets you fully hide or block access to specific apps.
umobix shows you which apps are installed and how long they are used each day. But it does not record detailed usage history or allow app-level blocking.
Text Message Monitoring
Texting is a primary communication channel for most kids. eyezy and umobix take different approaches to monitoring texts.
eyezy captures the full content of all SMS and MMS messages. You can read your child’s actual conversations within the app.
umobix logs who your child is texting and when. But it does not record the message content.
If you want to see the substance of your child’s texts, not just the metadata, eyezy is the clear choice here.
Recording phone calls is controversial, but can be important in extreme cases. eyezy does not allow call recording to respect user privacy.
umobix gives you the option to record your child’s calls. However, call recording is legally complex and requires consent in most cases. Make sure to understand the laws before using this feature.
If call recording is a requirement, umobix is the only choice. But for most parents, eyezy’s approach is preferable.
Winner: umobix, but only if call recording is essential
Both apps provide remote device management options like viewing location or wiping data.
eyezy offers the most advanced and convenient remote capabilities:
- Easy emergency lock
- Full remote wipe
- Ability to remotely uninstall eyezy
umobix’s remote actions require manually entering the child’s Apple or Google account details, which can be cumbersome.
For streamlined and secure remote management, eyezy comes out ahead.
Pricing and Plans
Let’s quickly compare the pricing and plans for each app:
- eyezy plans start from $47.86/month
- Longer 1 or 2 year subscriptions offer large discounts
- Family plans support monitoring on up to 5 devices
- umobix plans start at $49.99/month
- Longer plans up to 1 year are offered
- Each device requires its own plan
eyezy clearly offers more flexibility, support for multiple kids, and better discounts for long-term subscribers.
Key Factors to Consider
Beyond just features, here are some other key considerations when eyezy and umobix:
- Device compatibility – eyezy works on both iOS and Android. umobix is iOS only.
- Ease of use – eyezy offers the more intuitive and user-friendly interface.
- Customer support – eyezy provides 24/7 live chat and email support. umobix relies on email tickets.
- Jailbreak/rooting required? – Neither app requires the device to be jailbroken or rooted.
- Detection prevention – Both apps are designed to run undetectably in the background.
Take these factors into account when deciding which platform aligns better with your needs and preferences.
FAQs About eyezy and umobix
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions when comparing eyezy and umobix:
Can I try before buying?
Yes, both eyezy and umobix offer free trial periods. eyezy provides a 3-day trial, while umobix offers 7 days. This lets you evaluate the apps before committing.
What ages can I monitor?
Both apps are designed for parents monitoring children under 18. Review your local laws, as restrictions may apply for monitoring adults or older teens.
Can the apps be detected?
No. eyezy and umobix use advanced stealth technology and run in the background without any visible indicators.
Can I use the apps on an iPhone or Android device?
eyezy works on both iOS and Android devices. umobix is currently only available for iOS.
Do I need to install software on my phone and my child’s phone?
Yes, you have to install each company’s app on your phone to monitor and your child’s phone to track activity. Installation only takes a few minutes.
Is jailbreaking or rooting required?
No. You can install and use both apps on non-jailbroken iOS and standard Android devices.
Can I monitor activity from a computer?
Absolutely. Both platforms provide a web-based dashboard you can access from any browser.
- eyezy provides more robust monitoring capabilities, covering far more apps and features. It’s the superior choice for comprehensive oversight.
- umobix delivers reliable tracking of location, calls, texts and basic social media. It’s a reasonably priced entry-level option.
- eyezy has better SMS and chat monitoring support, capturing actual message content across more apps.
- For permissive call recording and iOS-only support, go with umobix. eyezy is better for overall device compatibility.
- eyezy offers more flexible family plans and discounts compared to umobix’s per-device pricing.
- Both apps provide easy remote access and management through web dashboards. But eyezy has more convenient remote device wipe and lock options.
- While basic monitoring abilities are similar, eyezy excels at the advanced tracking and management features most important to parents.
When reviewing the key features and capabilities, eyezy emerges as the clear winner for parents seeking a comprehensive child monitoring solution. It provides unparalleled visibility and remote oversight thanks to robust features like:
- Full text message recording
- Social media monitoring across countless apps
- Custom location alerts and history
- Remote wipe and device locking
- Detailed app usage reports and blocking
- Web monitoring and flexible blocking
What eyezy offers that umobix does not is enough for most parents to justify the higher price tag. eyezy simply provides more robust tracking and control across the board.
The one exception is call recording – if this specific capability is essential to you, umobix may be the better fit.
Beyond that singular difference, eyezy outpaces umobix to deliver the very best in iOS and Android monitoring. From conversative parents to those with serious concerns, eyezy has the versatile features modern families need to stay secure.